Getting back to my MATRYOSHKA MADNESS subject, I decided that it is appropriate to display my glorious set of 10 beauties.  My husband bought this set for me during his last visit to Russia. I actually wanted a very simple set, something more primitive and a child-toy like. But I have grown quite attached to this gorgeous set, who wouldn't?!  This is my one and only matryashkas that I own and they are quite elaborate as you can see. Since they are not exactly a child toy, they live in a glass curio cabinet with my teapot collection (that is a separate story for the future); otherwise, my little 2.5 year old son will play hockey with all 10 of them. Just as a side note: on our arrival from Wildwood NJ, in the very first 30 minutes at home, my 2.5 year old broke the screen of a brand new completely paid out flat screen LCD 52” TV. May be the glass curio cabinet will follow its fate soon, since it was paid out in full too…
Again getting back to my matryoshka subject. Each doll has a famous ancient Russian fairy tale painted on the front. They were all hand painted by a master painter T. Lukianenko, Company “Looch” in English means "Sun Ray". I placed the smallest one on the head of the largest matryoshka, so you can see the difference between them clearly.
I am afraid this is not all I have to say on the subject. More coming soon…
Your loving hostess
Maria
0 Responses